Sunday, February 21, 2010

Having a great attitude...

Hey Amber, and everyone else...I really think the main purpose of this "project" is to change your attitude toward your husband (page 38) and to be more intentional in how you treat him. I don't think you have to follow everything exactly on a specific day, just be mindful of blessing him. I did this last year with the church group and stopped following "the list" about 2 weeks in. I found that I really did a bunch of the stuff already, and that I just needed to be more intentional and do it more often. It really is amazing how your husband will respond when you do little things and he feels special.

I switched Day 1 and 2 around, since it was Sunday and he wasn't coming home from work and needing to unwind. Instead, we put the kids down and watched TV together (we aren't a big TV family and hardly ever have it on). We used to do that almost every night before we had kids. It wasn't a big adventure, but some of the "events" on the list are going to be hard to do when you have small children that require babysitters. So improvise and just do something together at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment