The first one I thought we could do is the hide-a-book. Thanks to Goodwill's 50% off stickers, I found us books last weekend for the project. I thought it'd be super cute and simple to decoupage the inside of the book with some fun paper.
These washer necklaces are so affordable and cute! You can leave the washers blank or decoupage them to match the ribbon!
Don't worry ladies, I am on the hunt (and have already found some) for some funky frames at Goodwill or garage sales to make these awesome ribbon holders below.

While we're at it, we might want to make some of these charming flower clips! Christa made Jetty a few and they are so cute and EASY!!!

This tooth fairy pillow is so cute too! It requires a little hand sewing but trust me when I say I am BAD at sewing and know we can do this so cute! This will be one of the crafts where I'd have a bunch of templates cut out for everyone to trace before cutting! And I will experiment with the glue gun to speed this one along!

How cute is this birthday wreath? This one is EASY!! (have I already said that?)

It's kind of hard to see in the picture below, but I decoupaged this table for Jetty before she was born and she's been eating on it ever since. This is her and Keegan (Christa's son) a few years ago. This is a great gift or fun table for your kitchen or playroom.
I used an old Mexican style book I had and the table is under $10 from Ikea. I have a ton of Cooking Light magazines that we could use for this or if you get a subscription to a colorful, picture-filled magazine - start saving them for this project.
I hope to get some dates out soon for the craft nights so we can get started! This will be so fun! I plan on getting all the materials for each night as long as everyone is good about RSVPing so I can know how many to buy and then pay when you come.
Things to start gathering around the house for the hide-a-book:
-an exacto knife (or box-cutter knife) - ask your hubby cause i'm sure you own one (it's probably gray and covered in stucco or dirt but it'll work)

Jill,
ReplyDeleteI can not wait to start our craft nights. I tried to be crafty before kids and loved it but that seems so long ago. All these ideas are so cute. Can't wait to do them. I would love to host some of the craft nights at my house if that works for everyone. I have a big table that would work to do crafts I think. Please tell me how I can help you prepare for the crafts. Can't wait to start.....
Thanks for the Boot camp info....see you there Monday morning. Yeah....goal is to loose 25 lbs.
Amber